I am an award-winning writer, blogger and digital marketer based in Warwickshire.
After having worked in the arts marketing industry for over a decade, today I specialise in all things digital, social media and blogging. Regular work I carry out includes:
- Writing and executing social media strategies
- Managing online communities and ensuring smooth day-to-day running of social accounts
- Publishing live social content
- Managing advertising campaigns (across social and digital platforms)
- Launching and managing websites (and offering specific SEO recommendations or general CMS running and updating)
- Managing email marketing campaigns, overseeing launching of new email marketing clients (integration with CRM systems, etc.)
- Editorial research, writing and publishing blogs and managing blog platforms
- Reporting and evaluation
Those I work with are primarily in the theatre and art industries and include the Royal Shakespeare Company, Shakespeare’s Globe, Corn Exchange Newbury and Soho Theatre.
Away from digital marketing, on the writing side of things, I cover editorial on a freelance basis, for subjects such as art, tattoos, motherhood, parenting, minimalism, live events and just about anything I want to talk about. I always write with complete honesty and from my own experiences. Places I’ve been published include: Restless Magazine, Oh Comely, Blogosphere Magazine, Minimalism Life, I Choose Birmingham, Families Magazine and Scene Local. I recently launched a blog to document my journey as a new mum – Warwickshire Mama.
For the last four years I have been a journalist for Skin Deep, the UK’s best selling tattoo magazine. I’ve been getting tattooed for 12 years and have interviewed hundreds, if not thousands, of tattoo artists, collectors and innovators all over the world. I’ve contributed in the past to Tattoodo, Tattoo Master and Things & Ink and have represented the tattoo industry in interviews for the likes of BBC Three, Stylist, The Mail, The Guardian and BBC Radio Four. I’ve been a spokesperson on the subject of tattoos at live events and industry training sessions. In 2017 I won a UK Blog Award for my digital writing in the tattoo industry and in 2018 won the Visit Holland Award (for Outstanding Article of the Year) for my on-the-road travel series which documented the tattoo scene in Rotterdam through blogs and live social content.
If I’m not sitting at my laptop, you’ll find me taking long walks in the countryside with my family, reading, exploring or making art on my antique typewriter.